Different types of Cotton Yarn
- Please find below some points of combed yarn Quality of this types of yarn is very Smooth.
- Even very soft yarn. The strength is higher than other (carded) types yarn.
- Price is higher than other (carded) types yarn.
- Softness is higher than other (carded) types yarn.
- It produces high quality fabrics.
This types of yarns are – Low cost Harder hand fillings.
- Strength low.
- It is use to produce normally low quality fabrics.
- Dyeing and knitting wastage is very high.
Combed compact yarn :
The compact spinning is a process where fiber strand drawn by drafting system is condensed before twisting it.
The most important requirement for perfect compact yarn is complete parallel arrangement of fibers and close position before twist is imparted. By keeping this point into consideration different machine manufacturers have developed different methods of compact spinning.
As maximum number of fibers are integrated into yarn body during spinning, so better utilization of fibers at the same time less fly generation and clean atmosphere is spinning department.
- Yarn twist can be reduced by 10% while maintaining the same strength as the conventional ring yarn. Therefore, it is possible to increase the machine speed which ultimately results into increased production.
- The weak point in the spinning zone (spinning triangle) is eliminated, the end breakage rate is considerably reduced which again leading to higher machine efficiency.
- Increased strength and breaking elongation of yarn due to less protruding fibers and improved orientation of fibers, which leads to full realization of fiber strength.
- Appreciable reduction in hairiness due to virtually elimination of spinning triangle.
- Less expensive raw material can be used to produce good quality yarn.
- Significant reduction in IPI, results better yarn quality.
- Singeing can be completely eliminated.
- Noil % at comber can be reduced as short fibers are better integrated into yarn body during spinning..
- The improved characteristics of compact yarns gives higher yarn sales price.
- Due to end breaks in spinning, improved winding efficiency as few clearer cuts.
- Waxing of yarn can be eliminated.
- Lower twist can be employed in doubling, to improve the strength of yarn.
- Better packing density of compact yarn gives better abrasion resistance and which leads to fewer end breaks in weaving. also loom shed droppings and linting in knitting are reduced.
- Degree of sizing can be reduced which reduces the sizing cost and the subsequent desizing cost.
- Reduced end breaks in warping improves efficiency of warping.
- Low end breaks in weaving improves weaving machine efficiency.
- The compact spun yarn gives more clear cut contours in design .